I made this page for a class sample and it makes me believe that spring will come again this year. I know the calendar says it is spring but it is currently SNOWING as I type. Enough is enough, already!
Anyhow, I am showing you this to point out a couple of things:
1. NO one (except for possibley my friend Michele Flynn) is up to date on scrapbooking. This layout that I completed last week is from about 2 or 3 years ago (the older my kids get, the tougher it is to tell when the photo is from!).
2. Scrapbooking in order is optional! None of my books are in order. I scrap as I am moved. That way, when I am gone, my kids will have pages from every part of their lives, just not in order! If I went in order, they would have up to about their second birthdays when I am gone.
3. Texture makes all the difference. Check out the polka dots on the letters. EASY to do and adds so much.
4. You don’t need a ton of pitures. You don’t even need GREAT pictures. Just get it down on paper!!!!
5. Journalling IS important! That is why I left that spot. And I will get to it….this week….I promise! I took a class once and it was about journalling in scrapbooks. The “teacher” emphasized that we can all see the photos but it is the story BEHIND the photos that matters. Keep that in mind.
The stamp set I used for this layout is called Sweet SUmmer (funny because I used it for a Spring page!). It is FREE until the end of SaleABration (March 31st) when it will be no longer available. This set is delicate and ….sweet (hence the name!). I used our white gel pen on the stamped image to “pop” on the the Bashful Blue paper. The other colors I chose for this were Rose Red and Wild Wasabi. I think it makes a fun combo!