Something about flamingos screams summer to me. And as goofy as they look–everybody likes flamingos, right?? Last year, my sister and I had the chance to visit the San Diego Zoo and got the opportunity to see these birds close up. Can I just tell you that they are among the stinkiest birds I have ever smelled?! I guess if you are going to be stinky, you might as well be pink !
Back to the card! This year, the Ronald McDonald House Charities stamp set is called Flamingo Lingo.
When you purchase this stamp set, Stampin’ Up! donates $3 to the RMHC. To date, Stampin’ Up! has donated over a million dollars to this charity. Yeah, Stampin’ Up! And YOU can make it $1,000,003.00!
Get this–this stamp set has a framelit or punch that matches 6 of the 7 images! “Laaaaaaaaaaa” (Craft angels singing!).
Ok–Here is what I did with it:
Imagine if flamingos really did have a parade! I would pack my nose plug and be first in line for that parade!
Here is the inside of the card:
(When you add some extra detail inside, the recipient is so impressed and you have less to write!! Win/Win!)
- You need your Stamp A Ma Jig–sorry–but there are bigger inconveniences in life. Pull on your big girl panties and pull out the SAMJ–you need it!
- The DSP is from the Confetti Celebration pack. While it has Strawberry Slush in it, I went with the neutral Basic Gray side.
- That little strip across the top is actually the Epic Day Washi Tape.
- The twine is the new, fantastic and inexpensive(!) Strawberry Slush Thick Baker’s Twine.
- I wanted my little flamingo to hold a banner and luckily, I had some colored toothpicks in the house. Even luckier–one was Strawberry Slush.
- I used my Big Shot and Bitty Banners Framelits to quickly cut out the banner.
Thanks for stopping by today. Feel free to contact me (see the top of this blog) if you need any supplies or have any questions.
May all the birds you meet today not smell!